|Go to calendar|
|Calendar:||Mantis Public Events|
|Title:||Webcast: Cloud Technology: An Introduction|
|When:||08.05.2012 08:00 - 10:00|
|Description:||Technology continues to expand at an exponential rate, creating many opportunities for you to improve your company’s efficiencies and lower your operating costs. Firms across the nation are quickly realizing the need to adopt these new technologies or risk being left behind. This presentation gives an introduction to the cloud, one of the fastest growing trends in Internet technology.|
This essential course explores the development of accounting technology, setting up a framework that examines the evolution from mainframes and terminals to cloud and mobile technology. The course discusses the differences between Windows vs. Macs, desktops vs. laptops, and various different types of Internet connections. Finally, many examples of actions your office can take to move to the cloud are explored, outlining the risks and benefits of these actions.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the evolution of accounting technology and explain why accounting firms are adopting cloud technologies.
2. Make an informed decision on what type of computer hardware, software, operating system and Internet connection would best serve their office.
3. Describe what “The Cloud” is and how it works within an office.
4. Identify the differences between the three levels of cloud computing (Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service) and be able to choose which one would be right for their firm.
5. Identify the benefits and risks of moving a firm to The Cloud.
6. Describe real life steps they can make to move some office processes (ex. Email and calendars) to The Cloud today.
For more information: http://www.westerncpe.com/webcasts/webcast_detail.cfm?p_webcast_course_id=413
|Copy:||Copy to my calendar|